Director, Client Partnerships
Long Dash is a creative consultancy grown from journalistic roots. Originally born of The Atlantic, we use a journalistic approach to acquire, cultivate, and engage audiences to unlock business growth.
We are now seeking a Director to join our team of investigators and storytellers to help deliver innovative and meaningful experiences for our client partners.
Directors at Long Dash are cross-functional leaders who support our teams, foster ambition for our partners, and advocate for Journalistic best practices in our work. In addition, the person in this role will be instrumental in growing the Client Partnerships discipline at Long Dash. An entrepreneurial spirit, as well as the ability to balance visionary and pragmatic thinking is essential.
Individually, we encourage all Directors to bring a specialized area of strength, which may include expertise in research, brand strategy, or managing special projects within a media environment. Driving lateral influence provides a great opportunity for growth in this role.
The full-time salary range for this role is $140,000-$165,000, plus bonus potential and benefits.
- Maintain trusted top to bottom level relationships with teammates and client partners, supporting and advising them in their decision-making
- Guide your team in designing our approach to the work and collaboration model, based on desired outcomes
- Operationalize and grow accounts by balancing focus and stability in current work, with a keen ability to counsel client through new concepts for future revenue
- Regularly reflect on progress and impact, suggesting new methods and ways of working when needed
- Create strategic frameworks and methodologies to advance the work we do and codify the discipline’s best practices
- Maintain strong presentation and communication skills with a clear point of view and deep knowledge of our industry, products, and offerings
- Ensure our work is consistently measured on output, team and client happiness, and financial health
- Mentor 1-2 direct reports
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams, and delivering great work, within a media organization or consultancy.
- An appreciation for modern brand development, as well as an interest in emerging trends and technologies in audience-centric publishing
- Ability to unify a wide-range of stakeholders from vision to strategy and a prioritized plan
- A self-starter with ability to create opportunity and drive grow business with little management oversight
- Subject matter expertise that supports hands-on contributions in shaping team collaboration and the work
- Demonstrated aptitude and appreciation for business management in the areas of engagement scoping, planning, resourcing, and financial tracking
- A demonstrated ability to foster an environment where all team members feel safe to share their perspective, experiment, and further develop their expertise
- Comfort using tools that support remote collaboration and account tracking, such as G-suite, Slack, Miro, Notion, and Mavenlink.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company holidays, including a week-long winter break
- Summer Fridays
- Professional development & travel allowance
- Annual bonus structure
- 401(k) plan with company match up to half of 6%
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna
- 3-month sabbatical after 10 years of service
- Remote & flexible schedule friendly
Long Dash is a remote-friendly company, though we aim to hire within certain hubs to foster a sense of community among our colleagues. Our current hubs include New York, Washington DC, and California (Bay Area, San Diego).
If you do not live in one of these locations, please still feel free to apply to the role. We prioritize the right candidates for our roles, irrespective of location. You can expect occasional travel, whether for internal initiatives or for project work.
A57 Digital Consulting LLC d/b/a Long Dash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.