Long Dash is a creative consultancy grown from journalistic roots. Originally born of The Atlantic, we use a journalistic approach to acquire, cultivate, and engage audiences to unlock business growth.
We are now seeking a Director of Strategy with an emphasis on digital expertise, to join our team of investigators and storytellers to help our clients connect more meaningfully with their audiences.This role will report to the Group Director of Strategy.
The full-time salary range for this role is $140,000-$165,000, plus bonus potential and benefits.
- Translate audience and landscape research (qualitative and quantitative) into holistic, digital-first strategies across owned, earned, and paid media
- Identify account growth opportunities and execute against opportunities through comprehensive strategies and presentations that make a compelling case to our clients
- Develop audience-segmentation and CRM strategies to support email drip campaigns
- Build relationships with internal team, clients, and partner agencies to manage expectations and drive execution
- Create KPI methodologies that meaningfully explain how various engagement metrics are or are not moving the needle for a client’s business.
- Use analytics/reporting tools to assess and optimize performance
- Develop creative briefs that take past performance into account and guide creative ideation and outputs; and shape aforementioned creative work to ensure it delivers on client goals
- Stay up to date on latest research and trends in the digital community and individual digital platforms, translate insights into client recommendations, and share insights with the Long Dash team to support continuous evolution of our craft
Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years of digital strategy experience, preferably with exposure to content, brand, marketing and communications planning, and/or experience strategy
- Contemporary understanding of the evolving role of brand and how to push the brand and strengthen audience relationships across a complete channel ecosystem
- Ability to set vision and drive digital execution, in partnership with other functional teams , namely Client Partnerships, Creative, and User Experience
- Inquisitive, creative, analytical ways of thinking—always considering new and better ways to connect audience needs with business goals
- Established track-record and comfort-level presenting to senior client leaders
- Command of critical soft skills like active listening, giving and receiving feedback, collaborating with others
- Fluency in native reporting tools, social aggregators, and CRM tools (Sprout, Hootsuite/Amplify, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Khoros, DashHudson, etc.), as well as demonstrated ability to self-teach on new tools and technologies
- Self-motivator and an ability to lead and inspire others
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience developing Creative Briefs
- Experience with RFP evaluation and responses
- In the first month, expect to:
- Acclimate yourself with Long Dash capabilities, case studies, and ways of working
- Become grounded in the client’s work, brand, challenges and opportunities, and start contributing to project(s) through meeting participation, analytics reviews, creative work reviews, and creative brief development.
- Be introduced to the team at Long Dash and get intimately acquainted with our Journalism-first approach and team culture
- In the first three months, expect to:
- Actively ingrain yourself in your project team(s), understanding the nuances of the client’s business and identifying recommendations to help them achieve their goals.
- Drive digital strategy execution and identify the right cross-functional partners as needed
- Partner with the Creative team to develop sharp and captivating creative, from creative brief and creative review, through analytics review and optimization
- Work closely with the Client Partnerships team to identify broader account optimization opportunities, and partner on proactive pitches or optimization recommendations to the client — with an emphasis on owned, earned, and paid, as well as back-end workflow and process improvements
- In the first year, your success will be measured on the following criteria:
- Deep understanding of your clients and their businesses
- Lead the development and execution of digital and content strategies
- Support the Creative team to produce top tier creative
- Participate in organic growth and new business activities, i.e. pitches and proposals
- Continue to grow and sharpen your strategic acumen and bring this knowledge back to your clients and the Long Dash team by assisting in the development and execution of agency training initiatives
- Foster an environment which encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation, and creativity
- Create and contribute to an environment where ‘innovation as usual’ thrives in everyday work
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company holidays, including a week-long winter break
- Summer Fridays
- Professional development & travel allowance
- Annual bonus structure
- 401(k) plan with company match up to half of 6%
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna
- 3-month sabbatical after 10 years of service
- Remote & flexible schedule friendly
Long Dash is a remote-friendly company, though we aim to hire within certain hubs to foster a sense of community among our colleagues. Our current hubs include New York, Washington DC, and California (Bay Area, San Diego).
If you do not live in one of these locations, please still feel free to apply to the role. We prioritize the right candidates for our roles, irrespective of location. You can expect occasional travel, whether for internal initiatives or for project work.
A57 Digital Consulting LLC d/b/a Long Dash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.