Long Dash is a creative consultancy grown from journalistic roots. Originally born of The Atlantic, we use a journalistic approach to acquire, cultivate, and engage audiences to unlock business growth.
We are now seeking a Project Manager to join our team of questioners, thinkers, designers, editorial experts, and management consultants to help grow our team of best-in-class talent. This role will report to the SVP, Client Partnerships.
The full-time salary range for this role is $75,000-$90,000, plus bonus potential and benefits.
- Resourcing – Ensuring the right people are on the work at the right time to achieve results
- Finances – Balancing client investment with healthy profitability
- Timelines – Creating a sustainable pace of work while achieving results and maintaining tight feedback loops with clients
- Deliverables – Protecting the Long Dash brand by delivering only the highest quality work to our clients
- Client relationships – Building trust through exceptional delivery to set accounts up for organic growth
- Team dynamics – Setting the conditions for everyone to do their best work and managing interpersonal relationships
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-5 years of experience serving in a client-facing capacity—directly communicating with and presenting to clients.
- Experience managing teams of 2-5 people to deliver an end product or service using agile principles.
- Scrum, SAFe, or equivalent certification preferred.
- Knowledge of project financial principles such as revenue, profit margin, etc.
- Knowledge of both time & materials and fixed fee projects and the difference in managing each.
- Experience determining the roles necessary to fulfill project needs (staffing).
- Experience with scoping work and/or creating proposals based on client needs.
- Experience manipulating data with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or another spreadsheet software.
- Agency and/or consulting experience preferred.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Technology, Marketing, or an equivalent, applicable field.
Qualities we seek:
- Entrepreneurialism – Project Managers live in a constant state of start-up, building teams, client relationships, and work products from scratch. Our Project Managers thrive in uncertainty and lead from the front in clearing the path to an achievable plan.
- Analytical mindset– Our Project Managers back up their gut instincts with data. They challenge their own assumptions and seek proof in numbers. They protect the quality of our organizational data to streamline decision-making.
- Leadership through influence – Our Project Managers are acutely attuned to the interpersonal dynamics at play amongst the internal project team and with our clients. They understand the different factors that motivate each person and find creative ways to move the work forward.
- Clear and creative communication – Project Managers understand that not everyone absorbs information in the same way. When one way doesn’t land, they don’t give up or repeat themselves. They find better ways to relay information to our clients and to our internal teams, continuously aligning and re-aligning as project realities evolve.
- Inclusivity – Our Project Managers care deeply about creating an environment where all on a team feel safe, seen, heard, and valued for their perspective and expertise. They design processes and methods to ensure people are equipped with the right information at the right time to bring out their best ideas.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company holidays, including a week-long winter break
- Summer Fridays
- Professional development & travel allowance
- Annual bonus structure
- 401(k) plan with company match up to half of 6%
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna
- 3-month sabbatical after 10 years of service
- Remote & flexible schedule friendly
Long Dash is a remote-friendly company, though we aim to hire within certain hubs to foster a sense of community among our colleagues. Our current hubs include New York, Washington DC, and California (Bay Area, San Diego).
If you do not live in one of these locations, please still feel free to apply to the role. We prioritize the right candidates for our roles, irrespective of location. You can expect occasional travel, whether for internal initiatives or for project work.
A57 Digital Consulting LLC d/b/a Long Dash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.